VIEW MY RESUME as a PDF (opens in new window)
Communications and content specialist with proven strengths of adaptability and organizational skills. Experience managing projects and content across traditional and social media, including research, interviewing and reporting. Special interests include community relations and social advocacy.
CORE CONTENT WRITER, SALES DESK at MICROSOFT (RATIONAL INTERACTION)
Bellevue, WA | January 2016 — January 2017
- Develop content aligned with global enterprise sales goals, including customized B2B and value messaging for targeted industries and business decision makers.
- Act as Project Manager to drive planning and deployment of upgraded content management system to enable insights into content quality and quantity.
- Collaborate across teams to ensure strategic alignment of messaging and deliver content at the speed of business.
- Learn and apply Microsoft style, legal and branding guidelines for consistent voice and messaging across assets and programs.
- Leverage research skills to gain a deep knowledge of Microsoft products, licensing and competitors.
CONTENT COORDINATOR II, SALES DESK at MICROSOFT (VOLT)
Bellevue, WA | July 2015 — January 2016
- Conducted and presented customer research to support sales across commercial and public sectors.
- Lead and collaborated with Microsoft sales teams to ensure on-time completion of account deliverables.
- Wrote, designed and edited high-quality collateral tailored to business decision makers.
- Developed detailed, customized proposals in support of more than $20 million in revenue.
- Advanced to role of Content SME after just four months in role, to support the development and dissemination of new and updated content.
WEB CONTENT MANAGER at STRUCTURAL RADAR IMAGING
Seattle, WA | July 2014 — January 2016
- Proactively assessed, edited and revised website content to align with business and marketing strategies.
- Advised senior leadership on website content strategy in order to grow thought-leadership in niche industry.
- Assisted with billing and customer relations as needed, including contracts and accounts receivables.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at KETCHUM
Chicago, IL | Aug. 2013 — July 2014
- Created high-quality written content for a range of communications needs, including influencer outreach, consumer messaging and media relations.
- Coordinated cross-team collaboration for collateral design and production, including managing tasks, budgets and client communications.
- Delivered in-depth research and analyses about controversial and/or trending topics.
- Served as secretary for Midwest Diversity Council.
INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE at AMERICAN RED CROSS
Washington, DC | Nov. 2011 — July 2013
- Managed cross-departmental collaboration and strategic execution of communications priorities across owned, earned and shared media.
- Interviewed, wrote and edited articles and blogs in English and Spanish for American Red Cross, Cruz Roja Americana and International Red Cross Red Crescent platforms.
- Secured coverage from leading national outlets (New York Times, Miami Herald, Associated Press) for the Haiti Assistance Program.
- Streamlined creation of internal resources, including talking points, press releases and fact sheets.
- Created and implemented a Communications Plan for the Haiti Assistance Program, resulting in identification of strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Coordinated documentation and media promotion (domestic and international) of a momentous reunion through the Restoring Family Links Program.
- Cultivated skill as bilingual spokesperson via Advanced Public Affairs Team and conducted dozens of interviews with national and international media during Hurricane Sandy deployment.
JUNIOR PR ASSOCIATE at McKINNEY & ASSOCIATES
Washington, DC | Dec. 2010 — Nov. 2011
- Supported brand management for firm and clients, writing, producing and editing content for print, web and social.
- Directed partnership with Howard University senior capstone public relations seminar.
- Managed internship program, including hiring, on-boarding and exit processes.
- Acted as production assistant and contributing writer for firm’s manuscript Voice Matters.
- Proactively undertook full-scale assessment of firm’s website, resulting in leadership’s decision to launch a site redesign aligned with manuscript release.
- Developed research and collateral for new business outreach (case studies, fact sheets, testimonials).
COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT at INSTITUTE FOR POLICY STUDIES
Washington, DC | Aug. 2010 — Dec. 2010
- Supported communications and events including website maintenance and invitation copy.
- Wrote and edited press releases in English and Spanish.
- Promoted, tracked and compiled media coverage of institute’s fellows and affiliates.
INTERN at CEO UPDATE
Washington, DC | Jan. 2010 — April 2010
- Ideated and launched social networking presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Wrote, edited and formatted online content, including images and graphics.
- Interviewed senior-level staffers and CEOs of nonprofits for short features.
SENIOR STAFF WRITER at THE PITT NEWS
Pittsburgh, PA | Oct. 2008 — April 2009
- Received Greek Life beat position within two months of employment, tasked with investigating controversial hazing charges against several organizations.
- Promoted to senior position within five months of employment.
- Reported on general assignments related to the University and happenings around Pittsburgh, PA.
TECHNICAL & LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Languages: Spanish (fluent); some French; some Portuguese
- Writing: AP Style; News writing; Feature writing; Blogging
- Social Engagement: Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; YouTube; LinkedIn; HootSuite; Radian6; Nuvi
- Web Building: WordPress; Squarespace; basic HTML; some Dreamweaver
- Research: Factiva; LexisNexis; CisionPoint; BurrellesLuce; Vocus; FirstRain
- Microsoft Office (2003 and higher): Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook; OneNote; Visio
- Audio/Video: Final Cut; iMovie; Audacity; Soundslides; Photoshop
M.A. JOURNALISM & PUBLIC AFFAIRS at AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
Washington, DC | May 2010
- Print reporting (AP Style) specialization.
- Cross-platform training, including interviewing, writing and editing for print, online, audio and video.
B.A. SPANISH at UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
Pittsburgh, PA | April 2009
- Helen S. Faison four-year scholastic scholarship award recipient.
- Certificate Latin American Studies; Minor International Relations
- Semester abroad: Buenos Aires, Argentina (all courses in Spanish)